* How do I get a tent for Andover Day? Complete a registration form and return to ABCA along with the registration forms. This event is a first come, first serve basis. We do expect to sell out again this year.
* Who do I make the check out to ? The check should be made payable to Andover Business Community Assoc ( ABCA ) and should be mailed to PO Box 5001 Andover MA. 01810.
* Who can I contact for questions? We have an email that is answered daily; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call Town Hall or Patty Craft (Health Dept) unless you have questions regarding your food permit. Food/concession vendors should submit a Temporary Food Permit to the Andover Health Department.
*What is a Banner Frame ? It’s a frame to hang your banner over your tent instead of off the back or front of the tent. You can add this to your vendor tent for an additional $20. Click on the link. Banners will need to be delivered before the event and picked up after so the tent company can install and take down at the same time as the tents. No banners will be hung or removed individually during the event.
*What are the dimensions of the tent & its valance ? The “valance” is the flat part of the top before it rises to the peak. Banner frames allow for a 9’6″ x 2’6″ max banner. Anything larger will not display tightly.
The tents are 10′. However that is from top corner to top corner. The measurement from foot to foot is closer to 9’10”. And the interior measurement for the banner frame is 9’8″. We need a little pull room to make the banner tight and flat for display, so 9’6″ is suggested for best possible display purposes.
* What time is set up time for vendors? Vendors can start arriving at 7:30am for set up. All vehicles must be off the street by 9am.
*Where do I check in as a Vendor? Please enter Main Street from the south end (Bartlett St near Historical Society). A volunteer will greet you at the Vendor Check in and will direct you to your assigned tent location.
*What happens if it rains ? If we are forced to use the Rain Date of Sept 15th, all vendors will be notified by email and we will post updates on this site, ABCA and Facebook.
*Can I renew my membership at the same time as my registration? Yes, for a discount as well! Check off the Membership section on the registration form and include the extra $100. Savings of $50! Expiration Aug 2017.
*Can a Not-For-Profit (NFP) share a table? Yes, we do allow our NFP’s to share tables to help off set the registrations fees. Please complete a registration form and not what other NFP you’ll be sharing the table with. Both forms must reference the other NFP to avoid confusion.
*Can I get a refund if I have to cancel? We have a NO Refund policy but would take this on a case by case bases.
*What about my ad & artwork ? All art work & ad layouts must be received by 6/15/2015 for 1st push or 8/15/15 for 2nd push. We prefer digital artwork, we are able to work with high-resolution versions of any of the following file: .pdf, jpeg (.jpg), .tif, .eps, .ai, or .psd. High-resolution = 300 dpi or greater. Email to email@example.com
*Is power available at all ? There is NO power supplied on the street. If you, as a vendor have made arrangements with a store on Main Street to supply you with power there are a few rules to follow. The City Electrical Inspector will be with us during set up and throughout the day, he will be checking to make sure these electrical issues are meet.
*All power cords must meet proper standards for the equipment you are running
*No power cords can be ran through a door and then the door closed onto the cord.
*All doors with cords running into the stores must remain open at all time.
*All power cords must be taped down or covered to reduce trip and fall exposures
*Are generators acceptable? For the non food Vendors – NO. Generators will not be permitted in the tent areas. There is too high of a risk for carbon monoxide exposure to not only you as the vendor sitting there all day but the guest of your booth and the store employees behind you on Main St.
For food vendors- If you are in need of a generator, please list this on the application so we can be sure to place you in a tent location where there is access to open air to avoid fumes making visitors or neighboring tents sick. All generators must be inspected by the Andover Electrical inspector the morning of the event. All generators must use a “GFI PigTail” fuse protection device.
*What is a GFI PigTail fuse protection device? A GFI Pigtail can be purchased at your local hardware store. This protected the surge of power from damaging the source. This protects from rain and moisture. This is a requirement for all power options and will be inspected by with the Andover Electrical inspector.
*What about using a Propane tanks? Any vendor using propane tanks for a source of heat, all tanks MUST be in a container (milk crate as an example) to insure the tank does not tip, fall or get turned on its side. If the tank is secured to a stationary object and cannot be knocked over that will also be acceptable.
*What streets are closed? – Main Street from Central Ave to Locke St will be blocked and closed as of 4am. All side streets leading to and from Main St will also be blocked and entry onto Main St will be prohibited.
*Vendor registration and sign in– Vendors will be allowed access to set up and drop off supplies from 7:30am – 9:00am. All Vendors will enter Main St from south end near Dunkin Donuts & Ultimate Perk. ABCA will have a staffer there helping direct traffic and answering any questions as well as checking off that vendors have arrived.
*Driving Instructions– We are asking all Vendors to drive North up Main St towards Elm Square on the RIGHT side of the road. When you reach your designated tent spot, please pull to the left side of the street, unload your vehicles and then move your vehicle off of Main St. We are asking this so everyone can get in and out with limited blocking and easy access for everyone. All Vendors with Tents on the Right side of the road please pull your vehicles to the LEFT side of the road for unloading so we can leave the RIGHT side open for FLOW OF TRAFFIC.
- Exiting Main St- All side streets will be used for egress only off of Main St. Please do not try to enter Main St from any side streets. You will not be able to!
*Do’s & Don’t-
- 50 / 50 Raffles- Must follow town and state regulations regarding licensing and reporting of income.
- Food Samples- There will be Concession Food Vendors as well as ANY food samples being distributed ~ all require inquiry and approval by the Board of Health/please contact Patty Craft @ 978-623-8296. firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do not have the proper licenses you may be shut down the day of the event by the Town of Andover.
*Break Down- Vendors can start breaking down at 4:30pm. Streets will not be opened again for vehicles until 8pm. We will not able to bring vehicles back onto Main St for break down or loading of vehicles until after the stages and tents are dismantled.