- 1 Is Phillips Academy Andover a good school?
- 2 Which is better Andover or Exeter?
- 3 What grades do you need for Andover?
- 4 What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
- 5 What high school sends the most students to Harvard?
- 6 What SSAT score do you need to get into Andover?
- 7 Why is Andover so good?
- 8 Is Andover a hard school?
- 9 What does Exeter look for in a student?
- 10 What makes Andover special?
- 11 How do I apply for Andover?
Is Phillips Academy Andover a good school?
Phillips Academy, a boarding school in Andover, Massachusetts, is the best high school in America. More girls than boys that attend the school, 48% of the class are students of color, and the school’s mission is driven by a charge to recruit students who can’t pay their full way.
Which is better Andover or Exeter?
This year, Andover dropped from first place to third place on Niche’s “2020 Best Private High Schools in America” ranking. While it is currently sitting behind Phillips Exeter Academy in first and St. Mark’s School of Texas in second, Andover held the first place position for the past four years.
What grades do you need for Andover?
Students must score about a 100 — comparable to the score required at Harvard — to be considered as an applicant. Once every section of an application is complete, there is a three-part review — first by the admissions team, next by a team of faculty, and last by the Andover committee.
What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
The Groton School, the No. 5 most elite boarding school, is tied with The Thacher School as the most selective, each with an acceptance rate of 12%. Additional reporting by Andy Kiersz.
- Middlesex School.
- Deerfield Academy.
- Cate School.
- Phillips Academy Andover.
- (TIE) The Thacher School.
- (TIE) Groton School.
What high school sends the most students to Harvard?
Here are the top 5 schools that send the most students to Harvard:
- Boston Latin School.
- Phillips Academy.
- Stuyvesant High School.
- Phillips Exeter Academy.
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin.
What SSAT score do you need to get into Andover?
I would always recommend safety schools, for Andover is the elite of the elite. The average SSAT percentile for a student offered acceptance is 93. Grades and test scores are heavily factored in, although the admissions committee say sthey have no minimum score they do.
Why is Andover so good?
Andover is very good at forcing students to mange their time well and it makes students learn which things to prioritize, which is a big part of doing well in college. Also Andover classes are just as difficult if not more challenging than in college and you have a lot less time at Andover to do work.
Is Andover a hard school?
Phillips Academy Andover (sometimes called Phillips Academy, Andover or P.A.) is one of the most prestigious schools in the U.S. It’s hard to get admitted, not much easier when you get in, and far removed in pretty much every way from the public high schools most Americans experience.
What does Exeter look for in a student?
Exeter is looking for skilled students with advanced communication skills. During the interview, applicants should convey a high level of maturity and emotional intelligence to establish their ability to thrive in the rigorous Exeter environment.
What makes Andover special?
Andover is known the world over for being the home of one of the oldest and most prestigious independent secondary “prep” schools in the U.S. – Phillips Academy. Founded in 1770 by Samuel Phillips, the school today has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students.
How do I apply for Andover?
More videos on YouTube
- Request Catalog/Join our Mailing List. All prospective students who wish to receive an admission catalog and be added to our mailing list must submit this form.
- Schedule your Virtual Interview.
- Complete the Candidate Profile.
- Submit the Andover application.