- 1 How do I get into Phillips Academy Andover?
- 2 How hard is it to get into Phillips Academy Andover?
- 3 How do I apply for Andover?
- 4 How much does Phillips Andover cost?
- 5 What SSAT score do you need to get into Andover?
- 6 Is Phillips Andover Academy the best?
- 7 What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
- 8 What is the acceptance rate for Middlesex school?
- 9 Which is better Andover or Exeter?
- 10 What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
- 11 How can I get accepted into Harvard?
How do I get into Phillips Academy Andover?
Phillips Academy receives 3,000 applications each year but only accepts about 13%. The admissions committee looks for characteristics of optimism, social agility, perseverance, and resilience in applicants. The school calls an applicant with top scores from the admissions team an “admit six.”
How hard is it to get into Phillips Academy Andover?
It’s not easy to gain acceptance to Phillips Academy, the Andover, Massachusetts boarding school pegged as the best high school in America. Of the more than 3,000 applications it receives each year, Andover only accepts 13%, dashing the hopes of many students vying for a slot.
How do I apply for Andover?
More videos on YouTube
- Request Catalog/Join our Mailing List. All prospective students who wish to receive an admission catalog and be added to our mailing list must submit this form.
- Schedule your Virtual Interview.
- Complete the Candidate Profile.
- Submit the Andover application.
How much does Phillips Andover cost?
There are 1,154 students on Andover’s campus. Tuition for students living on campus is $53,900. Tuition for day students is $41,900. Andover has a “need-blind” admissions policy which means they accept students based on merit, not wealth.
What SSAT score do you need to get into Andover?
I would always recommend safety schools, for Andover is the elite of the elite. The average SSAT percentile for a student offered acceptance is 93. Grades and test scores are heavily factored in, although the admissions committee say sthey have no minimum score they do.
Is Phillips Andover Academy the best?
Inside America’s best high school — a boarding school that costs $53,900 a year and feeds students into the Ivy League. Phillips Academy, a boarding school in Andover, Massachusetts, is the best high school in America.
What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
The Groton School, the No. 5 most elite boarding school, is tied with The Thacher School as the most selective, each with an acceptance rate of 12%. Additional reporting by Andy Kiersz.
- Middlesex School.
- Deerfield Academy.
- Cate School.
- Phillips Academy Andover.
- (TIE) The Thacher School.
- (TIE) Groton School.
What is the acceptance rate for Middlesex school?
The school is 70% boarding students and 30% day students. In 2019-20, boarding students came from 24 states and 20 countries. The school accepted 18% of students who applied to enter in 2019-2020. In that year, 35 percent of students received financial aid from a $7.0 million financial aid budget.
Which is better Andover or Exeter?
This year, Andover dropped from first place to third place on Niche’s “2020 Best Private High Schools in America” ranking. While it is currently sitting behind Phillips Exeter Academy in first and St. Mark’s School of Texas in second, Andover held the first place position for the past four years.
What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
How can I get accepted into Harvard?
To apply, be sure to send in all of the following:
- A general university application.
- Complete Harvard’s supplemental essays.
- SAT, ACT, or SAT Subject Test scores (optional)
- Any AP, IB, or other scores from standardized exams you have taken (optional)
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers.