- 1 What makes Andover special?
- 2 What is Phillips Andover known for?
- 3 Which is better Andover or Exeter?
- 4 What does Andover look for in a student?
- 5 Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
- 6 Where do Andover students go to college?
- 7 Which is the best high school in the world?
- 8 What famous people went to Phillips Academy Andover?
- 9 What high school sends the most students to Harvard?
- 10 Is Andover a hard school?
- 11 What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
- 12 What SSAT score do you need to get into Andover?
- 13 What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
What makes Andover special?
Andover is known the world over for being the home of one of the oldest and most prestigious independent secondary “prep” schools in the U.S. – Phillips Academy. Founded in 1770 by Samuel Phillips, the school today has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students.
What is Phillips Andover known for?
Phillips Academy Andover (also known as Andover or PA) is a co-educational university-preparatory school for boarding and day students in grades 9–12, along with a post-graduate (PG) year.
Which is better Andover or Exeter?
This year, Andover dropped from first place to third place on Niche’s “2020 Best Private High Schools in America” ranking. While it is currently sitting behind Phillips Exeter Academy in first and St. Mark’s School of Texas in second, Andover held the first place position for the past four years.
What does Andover look for in a student?
Of the more than 3,000 applications it receives each year, Andover only accepts 13%, dashing the hopes of many students vying for a slot. Ventre said that the admissions office looks for students with the characteristics of optimism, social agility, perseverance, and resilience.
Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
Andover is safer than the majority of cities, towns, and villages in America (79%) and also has a lower crime rate than 59% of the communities in Massachusetts, according to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime data.
Where do Andover students go to college?
There’s a reason the Harvard Crimson called Andover a Harvard feeder school. For the past three years more than 20 Andover students have gotten into each of the following top schools: Brown University, Columbia University, Harvard University, MIT, Princeton University, Stanford University, and Yale University.
Which is the best high school in the world?
The 30 Most Amazing High School Campuses In The World
- Diamond Ranch High School – Los Angeles, California.
- Strawberry Crest High School – Dover, Florida.
- Phoenix Union Bioscience High School – Phoenix, Arizona.
- Innovative Pilot High School – Poitiers, France.
- North Liverpool Academy – Liverpool, England.
- Ramón C.
What famous people went to Phillips Academy Andover?
- Bill Belichick ’71.
- Dana Delany ’74.
- Julia Alvarez ’67.
- Oscar Tang ’56.
- Hafsat Abiola ’92.
- George H. W. Bush ’42 P’64, ’71, ’75.
- Vanessa Kerry ’95.
- Capt. Thomas J. Hudner Jr. ’43.
What high school sends the most students to Harvard?
Here are the top 5 schools that send the most students to Harvard:
- Boston Latin School.
- Phillips Academy.
- Stuyvesant High School.
- Phillips Exeter Academy.
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin.
Is Andover a hard school?
Phillips Academy Andover (sometimes called Phillips Academy, Andover or P.A.) is one of the most prestigious schools in the U.S. It’s hard to get admitted, not much easier when you get in, and far removed in pretty much every way from the public high schools most Americans experience.
What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
The Groton School, the No. 5 most elite boarding school, is tied with The Thacher School as the most selective, each with an acceptance rate of 12%. Additional reporting by Andy Kiersz.
- Middlesex School.
- Deerfield Academy.
- Cate School.
- Phillips Academy Andover.
- (TIE) The Thacher School.
- (TIE) Groton School.
What SSAT score do you need to get into Andover?
I would always recommend safety schools, for Andover is the elite of the elite. The average SSAT percentile for a student offered acceptance is 93. Grades and test scores are heavily factored in, although the admissions committee say sthey have no minimum score they do.
What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?