- 1 What grade is Andover?
- 2 Does Phillips Andover have a uniform?
- 3 Is Andover need blind?
- 4 What does Andover look for in a student?
- 5 Is Andover or Exeter better?
- 6 What famous people went to Phillips Academy Andover?
- 7 How much does it cost to go to Andover Academy?
- 8 What makes Andover special?
- 9 How do I apply for Phillips Andover?
- 10 What is the acceptance rate for Phillips Exeter Academy?
- 11 What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
- 12 What is the acceptance rate for Middlesex school?
What grade is Andover?
Phillips Academy Andover (also known as Andover or PA) is a co-educational university-preparatory school for boarding and day students in grades 9–12, along with a post-graduate (PG) year. The school is in Andover, Massachusetts, United States, 25 miles north of Boston.
Does Phillips Andover have a uniform?
Andover does not have a formal dress code. Students are expected to be neat and clean and to dress appropriately for each occasion while embracing their own personal style.
Is Andover need blind?
With a need – blind admission program, Andover will extend its resources to offer admission to every qualified young person regardless of their families’ ability to pay the cost of an Andover education, and we are proud to say that we meet 100 percent of each admitted student’s demonstrated financial need.
What does Andover look for in a student?
Of the more than 3,000 applications it receives each year, Andover only accepts 13%, dashing the hopes of many students vying for a slot. Ventre said that the admissions office looks for students with the characteristics of optimism, social agility, perseverance, and resilience.
Is Andover or Exeter better?
This year, Andover dropped from first place to third place on Niche’s “2020 Best Private High Schools in America” ranking. While it is currently sitting behind Phillips Exeter Academy in first and St. Mark’s School of Texas in second, Andover held the first place position for the past four years.
What famous people went to Phillips Academy Andover?
- Bill Belichick ’71.
- Dana Delany ’74.
- Julia Alvarez ’67.
- Oscar Tang ’56.
- Hafsat Abiola ’92.
- George H. W. Bush ’42 P’64, ’71, ’75.
- Vanessa Kerry ’95.
- Capt. Thomas J. Hudner Jr. ’43.
How much does it cost to go to Andover Academy?
There are 1,154 students on Andover’s campus. Tuition for students living on campus is $53,900. Tuition for day students is $41,900. Andover has a “need-blind” admissions policy which means they accept students based on merit, not wealth.
What makes Andover special?
Andover is known the world over for being the home of one of the oldest and most prestigious independent secondary “prep” schools in the U.S. – Phillips Academy. Founded in 1770 by Samuel Phillips, the school today has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students.
How do I apply for Phillips Andover?
More videos on YouTube
- Request Catalog/Join our Mailing List. All prospective students who wish to receive an admission catalog and be added to our mailing list must submit this form.
- Schedule your Virtual Interview.
- Complete the Candidate Profile.
- Submit the Andover application.
What is the acceptance rate for Phillips Exeter Academy?
The school has been historically highly selective, with an acceptance rate of 15% for the 2019–2020 school year, and approximately 30% of graduates attend an Ivy League university.
What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
What is the acceptance rate for Middlesex school?
The school is 70% boarding students and 30% day students. In 2019-20, boarding students came from 24 states and 20 countries. The school accepted 18% of students who applied to enter in 2019-2020. In that year, 35 percent of students received financial aid from a $7.0 million financial aid budget.