- 1 Who founded North Andover?
- 2 When was North Andover High School built?
- 3 What is North Andover known for?
- 4 Is North Andover a rich town?
- 5 How far is North Andover from the ocean?
- 6 Is North Andover MA Safe?
- 7 Are North Andover schools good?
- 8 What time does North Andover middle school start?
- 9 How old is Haverhill High School?
- 10 When did Andover and North Andover split?
- 11 Is North Andover MA a suburb?
- 12 What is Andover UK famous for?
- 13 What is the richest town in Mass?
- 14 What is the richest town in Cape Cod?
- 15 What is the richest state in America?
Who founded North Andover?
The town that is North Andover today contains the original 1640s compact village of seventeenth century Andover. Established in 1642 by John Woodbridge and other English settlers from nearby Ipswich and Newbury, Andover was settled around Lake Cochichewick and originally called Cochichewick Plantation.
When was North Andover High School built?
The current high school building located on Osgood Street opened in 2005.
What is North Andover known for?
Several mills were located in the town, as well as the Western Electric Company, AT&T’s manufacturing division, which supplied telephone machinery for many years before it was split up by AT&T into the new company, Lucent Technologies. Today, North Andover is considered a bedroom community of the Greater Boston area.
Is North Andover a rich town?
The per capita income in North Andover in 2018 was $54,939, which is upper middle income relative to Massachusetts, and wealthy relative to the rest of the US. This equates to an annual income of $219,756 for a family of four. North Andover is a somewhat ethnically-diverse town.
How far is North Andover from the ocean?
North Andover and Manchester by the Sea are 38 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is North Andover MA Safe?
North Andover, MA is a safe and relatively quiet town. I have lived in North Andover for almost the entirety of my life, it is the only town I can remember living in. I enjoy the beauty of the town in all seasons, the town does a very good job maintaining the common and decorating it for events and holidays.
Are North Andover schools good?
North Andover High is ranked #3,197 in the National Rankings. Schools are ranked on their performance on state-required tests, graduation and how well they prepare students for college. Read more about how we rank the Best High Schools.
What time does North Andover middle school start?
The Middle School phone number is (978) 794-1870. What number do I call if my child will be absent? What time does school start and end? School starts at 7:40 a.m. (Students are considered late after 7:40 a.m.)
How old is Haverhill High School?
History. Haverhill High School was opened in 1963, with the first class to graduate being the class of 1964.
When did Andover and North Andover split?
1855: The town of Andover is split along the parish lines into present day North Andover ( North Parish) and Andover (South & West Parishes).
Is North Andover MA a suburb?
North Andover is a suburb of Boston with a population of 30,842. North Andover is in Essex County and is one of the best places to live in Massachusetts. Living in North Andover offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes.
What is Andover UK famous for?
The picturesque market town of Andover, in the Test Valley, with its attractive high street and narrow walk ways, dates back to Saxon times. Most of the town’s buildings are from the 18th century when it was an important stop over destination for coaches on their way to London, Southampton and Oxford.
What is the richest town in Mass?
Last year, the data showed that Wellesley was the wealthiest place in Massachusetts. Now, with an estimated median household income of $188,908, Wellesley is in second place behind Dover.
What is the richest town in Cape Cod?
Top Five Towns for Investors on the Cape and Islands
- Martha’s Vineyard. With approximately 15,000 permanent residents and nearly 100,000 summer residents, the Vineyard is one of the most affluent on the East Coast.
- Chatham. Located in Cape Cod, the town of Chatham is a living dream.
What is the richest state in America?
This Is the Richest State in the U.S., According to Data
- New Hampshire.
- California. Median household income: $80,440.
- Hawaii. Median household income: $83,102.
- New Jersey. Median household income: $85,751.
- Massachusetts. Median household income: $85,843.
- Maryland. Median household income: $86,738.