- 1 Does it cost money to go to Niagara Falls?
- 2 Is it worth going to Niagara Falls without a passport?
- 3 How many days do you need in Niagara Falls?
- 4 What is the best tour of Niagara Falls?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Niagara Falls?
- 6 How can I go to Niagara Falls on a budget?
- 7 Can you walk on the Rainbow Bridge without a passport?
- 8 How many have died at Niagara Falls?
- 9 What side of Niagara Falls is better?
- 10 Is Maid of the Mist safe?
- 11 Is Niagara Falls worth the trip?
- 12 Is it better to stay in Buffalo or Niagara Falls?
- 13 How long does the Maid of the Mist tour take?
- 14 Can you do a day trip from New York to Niagara Falls?
- 15 How do I get to Niagara Falls from US side?
Does it cost money to go to Niagara Falls?
No. Niagara Falls is in a public location on Niagara Parks land. It can be accessed for free 24/7 all year around.
Is it worth going to Niagara Falls without a passport?
Yes. A Passport (or a Passport Card or Enhanced Driver’s License if coming by land) is required for crossing the border into Canada unless you are age 15 or younger. Please visit the government website for any further details.
How many days do you need in Niagara Falls?
If you plan to see only Niagara Falls, you could take in the sights in a matter of one to two days, but the great thing about Niagara Falls is that there is so much to do here besides just witness the epic waterfalls.
What is the best tour of Niagara Falls?
The 12 Best Niagara Falls Tours
- Maid of the Mist.
- National Helicopters – Niagara Grand Tour.
- Over the Falls Tours – Canadian Side Tour with Maid of the Mist Boat Ride.
- BG Tours Canada – Toronto to Niagara Falls Day Tour.
- Bedore Tours – All American Adventure Tour.
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours – Niagara Falls.
What is the best month to go to Niagara Falls?
The best time to visit Niagara Falls is June to August. Summer is peak season, and with good reason: Average highs rest in the low 80s. Mists and breezes from the waterfalls can make the area feel cooler.
How can I go to Niagara Falls on a budget?
Top Tips for Planning a Trip to Niagara Falls on a Budget
- Save on all major attractions with a Niagara Parks Adventure Pass.
- Venture outside Clifton Hill for shopping or food.
- Your dollar goes further on the Canadian side of the Falls.
- Visit outside of high season for tourism.
Can you walk on the Rainbow Bridge without a passport?
The Rainbow Bridge walk is the route you will take from the USA side to the Canadian Side or vice versa. You do not need a passport if you are only visiting the New York side and are staying in the US. However, you will need a passport if you intend to cross the border to the Niagara Falls Canadian side.
How many have died at Niagara Falls?
Statistics. An estimated 5,000 bodies were found at the foot of the falls between 1850 and 2011. On average, between 20 and 30 people die going over the falls each year. The majority of deaths are suicides, and most take place from the Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
What side of Niagara Falls is better?
The Canadian side is where you get gorgeous panoramas of both the American Falls and the mighty Horseshoe Falls. It’s definitely the more glamorous side of Niagara Falls. While you can’t get right up to the American and Bridal Veil Falls, you can get right up to the brink of Horseshoe Falls.
Is Maid of the Mist safe?
Passengers are issued a plastic rain poncho to protect them from getting totally drenched. Passengers scream as if it were an amusement park thrill ride. But you’re perfectly safe. The Maid of the Mist has been doing this on and off – mostly on — since 1846.
Is Niagara Falls worth the trip?
Niagara Falls is very commercialised, but well worth a trip, and three days sounds just right. A trip on the Maid of the Mist is essential, to experience the force and beauty of the water. All other attractions- Behind the Falls, The Boardwalk and Spanish Cable Car- are also worth doing, although not as exciting.
Is it better to stay in Buffalo or Niagara Falls?
If it’s to see the Niagara region, then you really ought to stay in Niagara Falls proper and day trip it into the Buffalo area if you really are itching to see stuff there. Buffalo itself will be cheaper, but you’ll be driving out to see everything.
How long does the Maid of the Mist tour take?
Answer: Tours start daily at 9:00am and depart every 15 minutes throughout the day. Please check our schedule & pricing page for updates, as the schedule is subject to change. How long is our tour? Answer: The tour is 20 minutes long.
Can you do a day trip from New York to Niagara Falls?
In Houdini’s day the best way to see the spectacular Niagara Falls was by barrel; today it’s by one -hour plane journey from New York, followed by a fully-narrated tour of both the US and Canadian sides of this most thunderous wonder of the world.
How do I get to Niagara Falls from US side?
Here’s the best places to see Niagara Falls from the U.S.:
- Observation Tower.
- Terrapin Point.
- Rainbow Air Inc. Helicopter Tours.
- Whirlpool State Park.
- Three Sisters Islands.
- Prospect Point Viewing Area.
- Luna Island.