- 1 How do I apply for Andover?
- 2 Is it hard to get into Andover?
- 3 What makes Andover special?
- 4 Which is better Andover or Exeter?
- 5 What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
- 6 What high school sends the most students to Harvard?
- 7 What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
- 8 Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
- 9 What is Andover in the crucible?
- 10 What county is Andover MA?
How do I apply for Andover?
More videos on YouTube
- Request Catalog/Join our Mailing List. All prospective students who wish to receive an admission catalog and be added to our mailing list must submit this form.
- Schedule your Virtual Interview.
- Complete the Candidate Profile.
- Submit the Andover application.
Is it hard to get into Andover?
It’s not easy to gain acceptance to Phillips Academy, the Andover, Massachusetts boarding school pegged as the best high school in America. Of the more than 3,000 applications it receives each year, Andover only accepts 13%, dashing the hopes of many students vying for a slot.
What makes Andover special?
Andover is known the world over for being the home of one of the oldest and most prestigious independent secondary “prep” schools in the U.S. – Phillips Academy. Founded in 1770 by Samuel Phillips, the school today has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students.
Which is better Andover or Exeter?
This year, Andover dropped from first place to third place on Niche’s “2020 Best Private High Schools in America” ranking. While it is currently sitting behind Phillips Exeter Academy in first and St. Mark’s School of Texas in second, Andover held the first place position for the past four years.
What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
The Groton School, the No. 5 most elite boarding school, is tied with The Thacher School as the most selective, each with an acceptance rate of 12%. Additional reporting by Andy Kiersz.
- Middlesex School.
- Deerfield Academy.
- Cate School.
- Phillips Academy Andover.
- (TIE) The Thacher School.
- (TIE) Groton School.
What high school sends the most students to Harvard?
Here are the top 5 schools that send the most students to Harvard:
- Boston Latin School.
- Phillips Academy.
- Stuyvesant High School.
- Phillips Exeter Academy.
- Cambridge Rindge and Latin.
What is the acceptance rate to Harvard?
The school is 70% boarding students and 30% day students. In 2019-20, boarding students came from 24 states and 20 countries. The school accepted 18% of students who applied to enter in 2019-2020. In that year, 35 percent of students received financial aid from a $7.0 million financial aid budget.
Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
Andover is safer than the majority of cities, towns, and villages in America (79%) and also has a lower crime rate than 59% of the communities in Massachusetts, according to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime data.
What is Andover in the crucible?
The town of Andover, Massachusetts, was experiencing their own witch trials. The people of the town overthrew the courts and started a riot. They were not going to allow innocent people to be hung, and they stood up against the court system.
What county is Andover MA?
We’re also one of the few independent schools to meet 100 percent of each student’s demonstrated financial need—and we meet that need with grants (essentially scholarships), not loans. We admit students because of their achievement, talent, character, and promise—and then we make sure they’re fully supported.