What is Andover Massachusetts known for?
Andover is known the world over for being the home of one of the oldest and most prestigious independent secondary “prep” schools in the U.S. – Phillips Academy. Founded in 1770 by Samuel Phillips, the school today has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students.
Whats in Andover MA?
Best Things To Do near Andover, MA 01810
- Ward Reservation. 2.3 mi. Parks, Hiking.
- Smolak Farms. 4.9 mi. 222 reviews.
- Jay Gee’s. 4.7 mi. 64 reviews.
- The Stevens-Coolidge House & Gardens. 2.7 mi.
- Addison Gallery of American Art. 1.2 mi.
- Wamesit Lanes. 5.6 mi.
- Harold Parker State Forest. 4.7 mi.
- Painting with a Twist. 3.7 mi.
Is Andover MA rich?
The per capita income in Andover in 2018 was $68,368, which is wealthy relative to Massachusetts and the nation. This equates to an annual income of $273,472 for a family of four. Andover is a very ethnically-diverse town.
What restaurants are in Andover?
Limit search to Andover.
- LaRosa’s. 158 reviewsOpen Now.
- Grassfields Food & Spirits. 406 reviewsOpens in 24 min.
- Thai Sweet Basil. 173 reviewsClosed Now.
- Raagini Indian Bistro. 117 reviewsClosed Now.
- Yella Grille. 156 reviewsClosed Now.
- Shawsheen Luncheonette. 125 reviewsOpen Now.
- Samuel’s At The Andover Inn.
- Depot House of Pizza.
Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
Andover is safer than the majority of cities, towns, and villages in America (79%) and also has a lower crime rate than 59% of the communities in Massachusetts, according to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime data.
Is Andover Massachusetts a nice place to live?
Andover is in Essex County and is one of the best places to live in Massachusetts. Living in Andover offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Andover there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. The public schools in Andover are highly rated.
Is Andover Ma a small town?
Brimming with rich history and classic small town charm, Andover is the quintessential New England town. With a bustling downtown filled with delicious restaurants and an array of shops as well as the safe neighborhoods and an excellent school system, Andover, Massachusetts is a great place to be.
What happened in Andover Massachusetts?
The town of Andover, Massachusetts, was experiencing their own witch trials. The people of the town overthrew the courts and started a riot. Danforth is really pushing for John Proctor and Rebecca Nurse to confess to witchcraft so they won’t be hung, and he will look like the victor.