- 1 What is a word for doing something over and over?
- 2 What word means to give up or surrender?
- 3 What is the word for doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?
- 4 What is it called when something keeps happening?
- 5 What’s a word for losing hope?
- 6 What can I say instead of I give up?
- 7 What is a word for someone who never gives up?
- 8 Is surrender a positive word?
- 9 Is seize and surrender the same?
- 10 What is it called when you give up easily?
- 11 Why do I say the same thing over and over?
- 12 Do things differently to get different results?
- 13 Is the definition of insanity really?
What is a word for doing something over and over?
Something that is repetitive involves doing the same thing over and over again. If you get bored running on a treadmill daily, you might try something less repetitive, like playing soccer outdoors. Anything you do repeatedly, especially when it’s boring, can be described using the adjective repetitive.
What word means to give up or surrender?
Frequently Asked Questions About surrender Some common synonyms of surrender are abandon, relinquish, resign, waive, and yield. While all these words mean “to give up completely,” surrender implies a giving up after a struggle to retain or resist.
What is the word for doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. These words are usually credited to the acclaimed genius Albert Einstein.
What is it called when something keeps happening?
recurrence. noun. formal the process of happening again, either once or several times.
What’s a word for losing hope?
1. Despair, desperation, despondency, discouragement, hopelessness refer to a state of mind caused by circumstances that seem too much to cope with. Despair suggests total loss of hope, which may be passive or may drive one to furious efforts, even if at random: in the depths of despair; courage born of despair.
What can I say instead of I give up?
Synonyms & Antonyms of give up
- cough up,
- hand over,
- lay down,
What is a word for someone who never gives up?
If you answered: A. Tenacious is a mostly positive term. If someone calls you tenacious you’re probably the kind of person who never gives up and never stops trying – someone who does whatever is required to accomplish a goal.
Is surrender a positive word?
But surrender is a positive. It shows courage. It’s often easier to “go along to get along” than to do something different. Because to surrender means you change direction.
Is seize and surrender the same?
Surrender verb – To give up (as a position of authority) formally. Seize is an antonym for surrender.
What is it called when you give up easily?
1. Probably the most common word to describe someone who gives up easily is quitter: quitter. NOUN.
Why do I say the same thing over and over?
Repeating may be done to assuage a fear. Someone may repeat saying the same thing over and over because they were are worried the person they’re speaking to didn’t understand. So, the fear of being misunderstood in this case is the obsession, and the repeating is the compulsion.
Do things differently to get different results?
The saying, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” is widely attributed to Albert Einstein.
Is the definition of insanity really?
Insanity. n. mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.