- 1 What does Andover look for in a student?
- 2 What makes Andover special?
- 3 Is Andover a good boarding school?
- 4 What grade does Andover start?
- 5 What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
- 6 Which is better Andover or Exeter?
- 7 Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
- 8 What is Andover in the crucible?
- 9 What county is Andover MA?
- 10 What is the tuition at Phillips Andover Academy?
- 11 How can I get accepted into Harvard?
- 12 How hard is it to get into Phillips Academy?
What does Andover look for in a student?
Of the more than 3,000 applications it receives each year, Andover only accepts 13%, dashing the hopes of many students vying for a slot. Ventre said that the admissions office looks for students with the characteristics of optimism, social agility, perseverance, and resilience.
What makes Andover special?
Andover is known the world over for being the home of one of the oldest and most prestigious independent secondary “prep” schools in the U.S. – Phillips Academy. Founded in 1770 by Samuel Phillips, the school today has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students.
Is Andover a good boarding school?
Phillips Academy, a boarding school in Andover, Massachusetts, is the best high school in America. More girls than boys that attend the school, 48% of the class are students of color, and the school’s mission is driven by a charge to recruit students who can’t pay their full way.
What grade does Andover start?
Phillips Academy Andover (also known as Andover or PA) is a co-educational university-preparatory school for boarding and day students in grades 9–12, along with a post-graduate (PG) year. The school is in Andover, Massachusetts, United States, 25 miles north of Boston.
What is the hardest boarding school to get into?
The Groton School, the No. 5 most elite boarding school, is tied with The Thacher School as the most selective, each with an acceptance rate of 12%. Additional reporting by Andy Kiersz.
- Middlesex School.
- Deerfield Academy.
- Cate School.
- Phillips Academy Andover.
- (TIE) The Thacher School.
- (TIE) Groton School.
Which is better Andover or Exeter?
This year, Andover dropped from first place to third place on Niche’s “2020 Best Private High Schools in America” ranking. While it is currently sitting behind Phillips Exeter Academy in first and St. Mark’s School of Texas in second, Andover held the first place position for the past four years.
Is Andover Massachusetts Safe?
Andover is safer than the majority of cities, towns, and villages in America (79%) and also has a lower crime rate than 59% of the communities in Massachusetts, according to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime data.
What is Andover in the crucible?
The town of Andover, Massachusetts, was experiencing their own witch trials. The people of the town overthrew the courts and started a riot. They were not going to allow innocent people to be hung, and they stood up against the court system.
What county is Andover MA?
What is the tuition at Phillips Andover Academy?
Tuition for students living on campus is $53,900. Tuition for day students is $41,900. Andover has a “need-blind” admissions policy which means they accept students based on merit, not wealth.
How can I get accepted into Harvard?
To apply, be sure to send in all of the following:
- A general university application.
- Complete Harvard’s supplemental essays.
- SAT, ACT, or SAT Subject Test scores (optional)
- Any AP, IB, or other scores from standardized exams you have taken (optional)
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers.
How hard is it to get into Phillips Academy?
It’s not easy to gain acceptance to Phillips Academy, the Andover, Massachusetts boarding school pegged as the best high school in America. Of the more than 3,000 applications it receives each year, Andover only accepts 13%, dashing the hopes of many students vying for a slot.