- 1 How much does it cost to cut down your own Christmas tree?
- 2 Is it cheaper to cut your own Christmas tree?
- 3 Can I cut down a Christmas tree myself?
- 4 Where can I cut my own Christmas tree in Boston?
- 5 How much does a tree from a tree farm cost?
- 6 Which Christmas trees last the longest?
- 7 Can you bring a chainsaw to a tree farm?
- 8 When should I buy a real Christmas tree?
- 9 Do cut your own Christmas trees last longer?
- 10 What to bring to cut down a Christmas tree?
- 11 What kind of saw do you use to cut down a Christmas tree?
- 12 How much do you tip your Christmas tree guy?
- 13 Where can I buy a Christmas tree in Massachusetts?
How much does it cost to cut down your own Christmas tree?
Trees between 6-7 feet are $75. Trees between 8-9 feet are $100 and trees 9-10 feet are $130. Trees that are 10-11 feet are $150, and trees that are 11-14 feet range in price between $180 and $220.
Is it cheaper to cut your own Christmas tree?
It’s cheaper. Christmas trees typically cost less if you cut them yourself. Remember, if you get a pre-cut tree at a temporary lot, you’re also paying for transportation costs and parking lot rental.
Can I cut down a Christmas tree myself?
If you want to cut down your own tree, you can either go to a tree farm or venture into the woods to find your own. If you want that extra sense of adventure, head into the woods, but be prepared. Some areas require a permit to cut down a tree (usually a nominal fee).
Where can I cut my own Christmas tree in Boston?
Places featured in this article:
- Smolak Farms. 978-682-6332., North Andover, MA.
- Greenwood Tree Farm. 978-667-5380., Billerica, MA.
- Crane Neck Tree Farm. 978-363-1272.
- Turkey Hill Farm. 978-372-9474.
- Tree -Berry Farm. 781-545-7750.
- Indian Rock Farm. 508-543-7081.
- Deerfield Tree Farm. 617-803-0493.
- Vandervalk Tree Farm. 508-478-8733.
How much does a tree from a tree farm cost?
Average prices for choose and cut trees are between $65.91 and $83.47, any size.
Which Christmas trees last the longest?
Longest lasting: The longest-lasting tree (if you take care of it!) is the Fraser Fir.
Can you bring a chainsaw to a tree farm?
Saws and equipment- Saws are usually provided, and most will cut the tree for you (usually for a small fee) if you’d rather not cut it yourself. Note: some will let you choose the tree, but not cut it yourself, so be sure to ask when you call! Most farms also provide wheelbarrows or other tools for transport.
When should I buy a real Christmas tree?
“We suggest that families shop early,” says O’Connor. If kept watered, your Christmas tree should last four to five weeks. “ The weekend after Thanksgiving through to the following weekend is a great time,” she advises.
Do cut your own Christmas trees last longer?
To keep a Christmas tree alive, it is essential that once you cut the trunk of the Christmas tree, the cut has to stay moist. But your Christmas tree will stay fresh longer if you fill it as soon as possible. If you want to make a Christmas tree last longer, just use plain water.
What to bring to cut down a Christmas tree?
Measure your space before you cut. While you’re at it, measure the space in your car to make sure you’ll be able to accommodate the tree, and don’t forget to bring twine, bungees, scissors, and anything else you might need to secure the tree in (or on) your car.
What kind of saw do you use to cut down a Christmas tree?
For the typical small tree (less than a six-inch stem), a one-hand bow saw does the trick. It’s also great for sawing up fallen branches for disposal during spring cleanup.
How much do you tip your Christmas tree guy?
Christmas tree carrier A $20 cash tip is appropriate for home delivery; $10 for an attentive carrier who also offers service while you choose a tree; $5 if the person has just helped you bundle it up and load it onto the car.
Where can I buy a Christmas tree in Massachusetts?
What makes this Christmas tree farm so special is their charming light show, which is fun to browse with family and friends.
- Farmer’s Daughter Hillcrest Farm – Auburn, MA.
- Stowe Farm – Millbury, MA.
- Vandervalk Farm and Winery – Mendon, MA.
- Star of the East Christmas Tree Farm – Sutton, MA.
- Texas Tree Farm – Charlton, MA.