- 1 How do I get rid of my old Christmas tree?
- 2 Can I put my Christmas tree on the curb?
- 3 Can I dump my Christmas tree in the woods?
- 4 How do I get rid of my Christmas tree in my apartment?
- 5 When should you get rid of Christmas tree?
- 6 Can I replant my Christmas tree?
- 7 How long do fake Christmas trees last?
- 8 How do I dispose of a Christmas tree in Pasadena?
- 9 What do you do with your old Christmas tree in Los Angeles?
- 10 Can I burn my Christmas tree in fire pit?
- 11 Does city of Atlanta pick up Christmas trees?
- 12 What do you do with a real Christmas tree?
- 13 What do I put my real Christmas tree in?
- 14 How do you throw out a Christmas tree in NYC?
How do I get rid of my old Christmas tree?
General best practices include:
- Remove all of the ornaments, tinsel and lights from the tree.
- Cut the tree into 4-foot portions for easy curbside pickup.
- Cut smaller trees into chunks to fit inside your yard waste container.
Can I put my Christmas tree on the curb?
Curbside pick up – Residential customers can set out bare Christmas trees at the curb during their regular yard waste pickup week. The tree must be cut down to 3-foot lengths and bundled with twine or string. Each bundle must be 18 inches or less in diameter. Place the bundles next to your yard waste cart.
Can I dump my Christmas tree in the woods?
If you don’t have access to an urban recycling program, fear not. Trees are, by definition, biodegradable, and animals love conifers whether they’re alive or dead. Drop your tree off in a forest and return it whence it came. Stick it in your backyard for birds to enjoy.
How do I get rid of my Christmas tree in my apartment?
IF YOU LIVE IN AN APARTMENT OR MULTI-FAMILY BUILDING: If you live in a multi-family building like an apartment complex, place your tree curbside and the city’s sanitation department will pick it up on the scheduled neighborhood collection day. Easy-peasy.
When should you get rid of Christmas tree?
Tradition dictates that the Christmas tree and decorations should be taken down on the Twelfth Night, 12 days after Christmas Day (January 5). Some people (read: Scrooges) takes theirs down earlier and others cling on to Christmas a little longer by leaving them up.
Can I replant my Christmas tree?
You may wonder, “ Can you plant your Christmas tree after Christmas?” and the answer is yes, you can. Replanting a Christmas tree requires some planning, but if you are willing to plan ahead, you can enjoy your lovely Christmas tree for years to come.
How long do fake Christmas trees last?
Most Americans plan to keep their artificial trees for ten years; however, the average usable lifespan is six years. It’s a good idea to research the company and product quality before making your purchase. Artificial trees can last for years and even come with 1-10-year warranties.
How do I dispose of a Christmas tree in Pasadena?
Curbside pickup for Christmas trees will be available to Pasadena’s solid waste customers on their regularly scheduled collection days and routes during the first two weeks each January. Christmas trees may be trimmed to fit in yard waste container (Black Lid) for recycling.
What do you do with your old Christmas tree in Los Angeles?
Call our 24-hour Customer Care Center at 1-800-773-2489. How to recycle your Christmas tree:
- REMOVE all decorations, tinsel, and stand from the tree.
- CUT* the tree into pieces, if needed, to fit into green bin.
- PLACE the tree pieces inside the green bin and put out for regular pick-up on collection day.
Can I burn my Christmas tree in fire pit?
Burn It in Your Fire Pit Your Christmas tree is great fuel for an outdoor fire. Cut off the branches to use as kindling, and cut the trunk into logs. Pine is not recommended for burning indoors, as its creosote content makes for sticky, sooty fireplaces.
Does city of Atlanta pick up Christmas trees?
Atlanta (City residents) Curbside Tree Disposal: The City of Atlanta Department of Public Works will collect and recycle your Christmas tree along with your yard trimmings. Please make sure that the tree does not include the following when placed curbside: Remove the base. Do not place the tree in a plastic bag.
What do you do with a real Christmas tree?
Keep your Christmas tree in a sheltered, unheated area such as a porch or garage to protect it from the wind and sun until you are ready to bring it indoors. Keep the trunk of the tree immersed in a bucket of water so that sap from the tree does not form over the cut stump and block the trees ability to absorb water.
What do I put my real Christmas tree in?
Stand your real tree in a stand or pot. If you need to, chop or saw off the bottom off the trunk so that it fits into your tree stand. Avoid putting your real tree in sand or soil as this can reduce the amount of water it can uptake.
How do you throw out a Christmas tree in NYC?
If you are throwing out a live or artificial tree 4 feet or smaller, you can put it curbside with your regular trash. If the tree is greater than 4 feet, you need a bulk pick-up appointment. To schedule a bulk pick-up appointment, visit the Bulk Item Disposal page.